Social Media and Word of Mouth | Direct Response | Email- and Online-Based
The Motley Fool 2007 - Present
Manager, Online Marketing
Business lead for email acquisition channel and social media development, promoting newsletter subscription products as part of direct response marketing department.
• Drove $8.9 million in net revenue and 54,000 net subscriptions through email channel in past year – a 75 percent increase over previous record-setting year
• Set marketing strategy for email channel and lead operational team in executing using classical direct response principles and techniques
• Liaise between marketing team and multiple internal stakeholders including executive officers to ensure email channel delivers on overall marketing and company goals
• Process results from weekly multivariate testing. Disseminate conclusions and implications to team and other internal stakeholders.
• Manage group of five contract writers
• Set company’s social media and blogger outreach strategy as part of book launch campaign. Worked with team to create a 63% increase in interaction through various sites -- book is now a New York Times Best Seller.
• Recognized as a member of exclusive high performers group for the company
• Designed launch campaign for new 2nd tier product, resulting in $920,000 net revenue – 83 percent higher than budgeted
DelCor Technology Solutions 2006 - 2007
Responsible for increasing market penetration, brand awareness, and consulting revenue at technology firm serving associations.
• Recipient of “Best Promotion by an Industry Vendor” award by Association Trends for network security customer event that led to $437,000 in closed business and a 610 percent ROI.
• Create, manage, and execute strategic marketing plan funded by $250,000 budget.
• Position and standardize DelCor’s brand at all customer touch points including external messaging, customer-facing events, and inbound sales cycle.
• Rebranded company to improve awareness to better represent service offerings and company culture.
• Created an opportunity pipeline increase of 20 percent through customer events, conferences, seminars, and online webinars in one year.
Ensynch 2005 - 2006
Part of team that developed and executed strategic marketing plan in preparation for national expansion. Managed company’s go-to-market promotion plans during roll-out of multiple new service offerings and a 3-year growth rate of 668 percent.
• Helped define company’s market segmentation based on industry verticals and size. Created messaging for each segment and each product or service. Planned, designed, and placed all company advertising in print, radio, pay-per-click, and web-based banner ad mediums. Wrote copy for website, advertisements, and other forms of external communication.
• Directed external marketing team’s execution and implementation of marketing and promotion plans, tracked achievement of tactical objectives, and measured ROI through follow-up customer interviews and surveys, opportunity pipeline, and attainment of revenue goals.
• Planned and directed implementation of Marketing Department’s technology initiatives including internal and external email newsletters, webinars, podcasts, and website administration, creating website traffic growth of 250 percent and qualified web leads more than 100 percent.
• Planned and directed 4-6 customer events per month, including murder mystery dinner that led to $414,000 in increased pipeline and $136,000 in closed business.
• Two-time winner of Microsoft’s Marketing Excellence award, given in recognition for creating consistently high revenue return on campaigns.
DesertGirl Promotions 2004 - 2005
• Founded company, developed business concept, including business plan with full financials. Identified services to offer, market segments as potential clients, and business partners in the industry.
• Recorded and managed all financial and accounting paperwork regarding federal and state tax filing requirements and corporation filing. Developed and maintain budgets and business accounts.
• Managed sales lead generation, client contact tasking, and reporting.
• Developed marketing agreements with key vendors, expanding the number of products and services the company offered.
• Directed all implementation of clients’ promotional campaigns, ranging from online promotion to face-to-face, word-of-mouth advertising.
Arizona State University 2006
• Bachelor’s Degree
Courses: Marketing/Mass Communication, Business and Management, Public Relations