Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Google Reader Search Doesn't Index Its Own?

All bloggers have at least a little bit of egotism, right? Otherwise, how could we assume that people actually want to read what we have to write?

So I was adding my RSS feed to my Google Reader -- which if you haven't checked out yet, is a great service -- and searched for "The Fresh Marketer".

Nothing. Not a single hit on any of the posts that I've published in the past six months. What gives? I publish using Blogger, which is owned by Google. Wouldn't you think that they would index their own sites? My site is not new; you'd think they'd have it indexed. Can anyone help explain why Google Reader might not initially add this blog to their index?

Oh, and if you haven't subscribed to my RSS feed because of this, please feel free to do so now by clicking here.

No comments: