Thursday, October 25, 2007

"What I'm Reading"

If you haven't noticed it before (especially for anyone who reads this blog via the RSS feed), I have a widget that's entitled "What I'm Reading". This can be a misleading title. Allow me to explain:

This widget is powered by Google Reader, which is an RSS reader that I use to go through my RSS feeds. As I cull through almost 200 posts each day, I "share" posts that I think people who read this blog will be interested in reading as well. These "shared" entries end up on my "What I'm Reading" widget. This means you'll only see posts relevant to this blog's topic in this widget. I set this up mostly for my lovely family, who often asks me about the next cool thing on the Internet. Instead of sending around emails about what's happening, I can easily send them to my RSS feed. Now, what would be really cool, would be to figure out someway to combine my blog's feed with my Google Shared feed. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Want to read more of what I'm reading?

If you click on the RSS icon next to the widget title, you can subscribe to a feed of what I'm sharing. If you subscribe, expect about 10-20 posts a day on cool technology, hot marketing topics, and other nifty things I find online.

Want to Setup Your Own Google Share Feed?

Read this link, and then email me if you have any other questions.

No comments: